The Benefits of Burning 100% Pure Beeswax Candles include:
- Cleans and Purifies the air: Unlike other candles that produce toxic fumes when burned, Beelites beeswax candles produce no toxic by-products and are non-allergenic. This is why the American Lung Association recommends beeswax candles.
- Draws in Contaminants: As the candle burns, it produces negative ions draw in pollutants, thus cleaning the air and reducing air born allergens.
- Neutralize pollutants: such as dust, odours, mould, bacteria, viruses and other toxins.
- Produce a warm and wonderful light that is similar to the sun: It is said that burning a beeswax candle in the bedroom for 30 minutes before going to sleep will result in a more restful sleep.
- Sweet Honey scent: Beeswax candles will sweeten the room with the pure scent of honey.
- Although you will find Beeswax candles to be more expensive than your typical paraffin candle you will find they Burn longer than paraffin wax.
- Virtually dripless in a draft-free environment.
- Natural Golden Colour which will vary depending on bee’s source of pollen and nectar.
- Frosted Appearance will develop over time. This natural process is called ‘bloom’ and shows that the candle is pure beeswax. The bloom is easily removed by buffing it with a soft cloth or heating slightly on a low setting with a hair dryer.
Paraffin is a greyish black sludge that is a by-product of the petroleum refining process. It is bleached, textured, coloured and scented using carcinogenic chemicals. When burned, these carcinogens fill the room with toxins that coat the walls, furniture, and the inside of your lungs. For more information about the cancers caused by paraffin search “Paraffinoma” on the Internet.
“Breathing the fumes from burning paraffin candles
is essentially the same as breathing the exhaust fumes
from a diesel engine.”
Bill Reno Entomologist/writer
Alive magazine #218
December 2000 issue